Planning your dream house construction has never been an easy task. How much building material will it take to build your house, you have to know it at very first.
As well as you’ll have to determine the cost of each building material and then on the basis of that you’ll have to calculate the amount your house construction requires.
Building Material plays very crucial role in House Construction. Thus we always should take care while selecting the quantity and quality of the building material.
Total Plot Area : 1000 Square Feet
Total Bedrooms : 2
Bathrooms : 2
Building Material Required for 1000 sqft House and It’s Cost.
In this article we are exactly going to show you how you do the same. But before we do that, lets clear the basics first.
What is Building Material?
Building material are te things that are used in the construction of a house. e.g. Cement, Steel, Sand, Aggregate, Bricks, Labour Rate, Vatrified Tiles, Ceremic Tiles, Granite. Kota Stone, Door frame, Door, Window, Window Sliding, Water Tank, Painting & Wall Putty, Plumbing, Electrification, Excavation and Filling, Bhishty (Curing), Filling, Wire Cover, etc.
What is the cost of Buidling Materials?
Different building materials cost differently. Cement is around Rs. 400 per bag, Steel costs you 45 Rupees per kg. The total sum of all of these material determines the total cost of house.
Quantitiy, Rate and Cost of Building Materials
To build a 1000 sqft house, we need the following materials. Rate of them and total cost are mentioned as well.
- CEMENT- A bag of cement costs around 300 rupees. To build a house in 1000 sqft we need around 450 bags of cement that will cost us near 1,35000 rupees.
- STEEL- Steel costs 45 rs/kg. We require around 2.5 metric ton (or 25 quintals) that costs us 1,12000 rupees.
- SAND- It costs 55 rs/cubic foot (cuft) and we require 2000 cuft of this. Thus it costs us a total amound of 1,20000.
- AGREGATE- Costs us 22rs/cuft.We need 1500 cuft of this that means it costs us a total amount of 30,000 rs.
- BRICKS: We need 20,000 Units of bricks. One brick’s rate is 6 rupees that forms a total amount of 1,20000 rs.
- LABOUR RATE: Avg rate of labour is 200 rs/sqft. It costs us a total amount of 2 Lakh rupees.
- VATRIFIED TILES: These titles are used in Bathroom. 35rs/sqft. 600 sqft vatrified tiles will cost us around 21,000 rs.
- CEREMIC TILES: RATE- 20rs/sqft. We need 300 sqft that costs us a total amount of 6000rs.
- GRANITE: Rate-150/sqft. Quantity- 20sqft. Total cost- 3000rs.
- KOTA STONE: Rate-40/sqft. Quantity- 250 sqft. Total cost- 10000rs
- DOOR FRAME: Rate-1800/unit. Quantity- 8 units. Total cost- 14400rs
- DOOR: Two Types:
i). Rate-3500/unit. Quantity- 5units . Total cost- 17,500rs
ii). Rate-2500/unit. Quantity- 3units. Total cost- 7,500rs
- WINDOW GRILL- Rate-1800/grill. Quantity- 4 units. Total cost- 72,00rs
- SLIDING WINDOW- Rate-2500/unit. Quantity- 4 units. Total cost- 10,000rs.
- WATER TANK- Rate-6/litter. Quantity- 1000 L. Total cost- 6000rs
- PAINTING & WALLPUTTY- Rate-12-15/sqft. Quantity- ____ . Total cost- 60000rs
- PLUMBING- cost- 30,000 rs.
- ELECTRIFICATION- cost- 50,000 rs.
- EXCAVATION AND FILLING- cost-30,000 rs.
- BHISHTY (CURING)- Rate-200/day. Quantity- 6 months. Total cost- 42000rs
- EXTRA ITEMS- cost- 50,000 rs.
+ TOTAL COST OF BUILDING- RS. 10,85,100